Strong Workforce Program (SWP)
The South Central Coast Regional Consortium (SCCRC) serves to facilitate and promote effective regional educational initiatives for its member colleges and key stakeholders in support of local, regional, and statewide workforce development efforts. We leverage employer, community, and educational resources to create and maintain a highly skilled workforce that meets our regional needs.
- Strengthening communication, coordination, and timely decision-making in regional workforce training and education efforts,
- Enhancing participation in career pathway development and implementation,
- Reinforce regional leadership and operational partnerships among community college, industry, labor, and other workforce and economic development entities to improve the delivery of career and technical education,
- Align college programs with regional and industry needs, create a sustained public outreach campaign for industry, high school students, counselors, parents, faculty, staff, and the community,
- Promote career development, and reinforce the value of career and technical education programs.
Our Workforce Partners
- California Workforce Investment Board – assists the Governor in setting and guiding policy in the area of workforce development.
- California Workforce Association – develops public policy strategies and builds local capacity to address critical workforce issues.
- Local Workforce Investment Boards – find your business-led Local Workforce Investment Board.
- One-Stop Career Centers – provides a comprehensive range of employment and training services in partnership with state and local agencies and organizations.
- Employment Development Department – connects millions of job seekers and employers in an effort to build the economy of the Golden State.
Contact us today about how you can become a partner with us in our workforce innovations, programs and special initiatives.
Visit the Strong Workforce Program site for more information about the state-wide program.