ICT & Digital Media
South Central Coast Region
Resources and supporting information for ICT/DM Sector:
- Cybersecurity Scholarship and other regional Transfer Pathways to WGU degrees at Western Governors University (WGU) See flyer HERE
- News from the ICT/DM Sector
- Please consider this access for national free cyber curricula and other resources. The mission is empowering K-12 educators to teach cyber in all disciplines: https://cyber.org/
- South Central Coast Region Delivers LinkedIn Learning and Virtual Lab Support to CTE Faculty & Students
- Cisco Resources for Virtual Learning and Free WebEx
- National University Offering 3 Months of Free Online Classes
- ITProTV Offers Free Access to Select CompTIA Courses
- IBM Extends Online Education Resources to All for Free
- Federal Virtual Training Environment Free Courses
Remote Certification Testing: CompTIA Remote Exam Ability in 30 Days
Per the VP, Strategic Academic Relationships of CompTIA:
Across the entire economy, employment fell by 20.5 million jobs in April, the worst one-month loss in the history of reporting by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.slideshare.net/comptia/comptia-it-employment-tracker-may-2020
Employment did fall in the IT industry, but compared to most other industries, the losses were relatively modest. Of the 20.5 million lost jobs, IT represented less than 1% of the total. The unemployment rate for IT professionals increased to 4.3%, still well below the national rate of 14.7%.Employer job postings for IT professionals decreased as well, although not as much as expected. The April rate of 270k postings was not too far off the 24-month average of 295k. In some states and metro areas, the counts were nearly identical to the previous month, indicating segments of employers remain focused on filling critical roles and/or to meet increased customer demand. Note: because of the volatility of the situation, we have to be cautious in using monthly data at the IT occupation level. Also, as a reminder IT industry employment is a measure of technical professionals and business professionals (think everyone working at Microsoft). Lost jobs at the industry level tend to skew toward business professionals in times such as these.
Distance Education Techniques
Why ICT and Digital Media?
Over the last generation or so, Information and Communication Technologies and Digital Media (ICT-DM) have spawned a paradigm shift in modern economies and societies. These technologies have permeated every industry and most organizations, changing ways companies operate and interact with customers and suppliers, how human beings organize and manage their lives, how people communicate, and how most workers do their work.
ICT-DM is transformational at every level and impacts companies in California from small businesses to global leaders in this dynamic and quickly evolving space. ICT-DM is strategically important and relevant to citizens, governments, industries, students, and for workforce and economic development.
Paula Hodge, Regional Director
South Central Coast Region